Welcome to MTN NIN Information Center, where you can get all the information you need about your NIN and VNIN (virtual NIN).
Get N20,000 airtime bonus to call friends and family when you submit your NIN.
You can start by clicking on any of the three (3) options below!
For more details about the VNIN, click HERE
I have a NIN and registered SIM
I don’t have a NIN
I have a NIN
Frequently Asked Questions
- VNIN stands for Virtual National Identification Number (VNIN)
- It is simply a tokenized version of your National Identification Number (NIN)
- It is a 16-character alphanumeric virtual NIN, i.e. “XS868977863229AU”.
- It can only be used once and expires within 72 hours, whether used or not
A: NIMC deployed VNIN to provide a secure means of presenting the National Identification Number (NIN) in a format that can protect the NIN from being cloned or duplicated.
Click on the links below to find out more about VNIN:
A: From the 1st of August 2022, customers will need a VNIN for all SIM Related Services:
- Buy New SIMs
- SIM Replacement/SIM Upgrade
- Mobile Number Porting (MNP)
- NIN Linking - Submit VNIN in place of NIN
- SIM Registration Updates
A: You can generate your VNIN either via:
- NIMC Mobile App
- Download the NIMC App from the App or Play Store
- Log in with your NIN and PIN (1st time users will be required to create a PIN)
- Click on the tab that says Get Virtual NIN
- You will be required to select the Network provider i.e MTN
- The VNIN will then come up you can either scan the bar code or select the copy VNIN option
- USSD – USSD short code is *346#
- Dial *346#
- Input 3 and send for virtual NIN
- Input your 11-digit NIN and press send to generate VNIN
- Enter MTN’s Enterprise ID to continue - 109071
- The VININ is displayed, and the Customer also receives the VNIN as text
Note: Your NIN is required to generate a VNIN.
A: Yes. You will be charged N20 to generate VNIN via USSD
However, generating a VNIN via the NIMC Mobile App is free!
- No. VNIN is a tokenized version of your NIN.
- Customers must have a valid NIN to enable them generate a VNIN
- Your NIN remains valid and is required to generate a VNIN
- You need your valid 11-digit NIN (National Identification Number)
- You need MTN Enterprise ID - Enterprise Short-ID: 109071
- Every mobile network operator (MNO) has its unique enterprise short ID.
- You cannot use the MTN Enterprise ID on any other Network.
A: The 16-character alphanumeric VNIN will be displayed on the NIMC Mobile APP or USSD. Also, the 16-character alphanumeric VNIN will be sent to your mobile number as an SMS
A: You can download NIMC Mobile App from the google play store or IOS store
A: Visit any MTN-certified store with your Valid NIN, and our customer care representative will support you.